if you are looking for “”garmin echomap software update” then you are in right place find out easy way to update echoMAP with SD Card software version.
Steps to garmin echomap software update
you can follow given steps below to update your echomap
Step 1: Download Echomap software Update
If you are using Windows computer then you can download garmin echomap software update from below.
If you are using Mac computer then you can download garmin echomap software update below.
This file contains updates for the following products.
- ECHOMAP UHD
- ECHOMAP Ultra
- ECHOMAP Plus
- echoMAP CHIRP
- Sonar Modules
- Marine Instruments and Sensors
- Marine Communications
Step 2: Format SD Card
Use a SD card formatted to FAT32 for this update.you need minimum 4 GB and maximum 32 GB storage for this update.
Step 3: Data Backup
Please back up your user data before applying the update to protect your data from any type of loss during updation.
Note : The Use of an SD card that contains mapping data is not recommended for this echomap update.
Echomap Installation Instructions
- Click on ‘Download’ option given above in step 1 according to your device and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Once the echomap update download is complete, copy the zip file to your SD card.
- Double click the zip file in your SD card and select unzip to extract update files to the SD card. The ‘Garmin’ folder should be the top folder in your SD card.
- Turn on the Garmin device and make sure all attached network devices are turned on as well.
- Insert the SD card into the card slot of your primary garmin device. Select ‘Update Software’ in the window that automatically displays in your device. If you do not have a garmin device with a card slot, please contact your dealer or attempt to use the ActiveCaptain app to update echomap software.
- After the echomap update completes, all Garmin Marine Network devices and NMEA 2000 sensors will have the latest software update. This will show devices will be able to communicate with each other.